Monday, September 19, 2011

Those Vintas I Used to Draw in Every Piece of Paper That I Own (at least)

The vinta (locally known as lepa-lepa or sakayan) is a traditional boat found in the Philippine island of Mindanao. These boats are made by Bajau and Moros lining in the Sulu Archipelago. It has a sail with assorted vertical colors that represent the colorful culture of the Muslim community. These boats are used for inter-island transport of people and goods. Zamboanga City is known for these vessels.













A few days ago, I managed to take a look at my old things living (inside a box) with the spiders. The dusts and spiderwebs made me pay (I sneezed for five decades). But rediscovering what I used to do before is really worth sneezing for. Yea, I'm discounting the fact that I almost died sneezing.

Before, I used to draw my fantasies in every piece of paper that I own (at least). And I'm coming back to that first love just now! What I found inside the box inspired me. I'm so happy that one of my first loves never really died for it's still inside me, waiting to be awakened.

I found my old drawing of a colorful vinta. Beautiful memories rushed outside my bosom suddenly. How I love vintas! In every piece of paper I own, you're gonna see them. In my dreams, you can find traces of their colors. Then, I just find myself saying, "Elementary days, where are you?" Younger years, when things are less complicated. When love is so pure, when everything colorful is beautiful and when I can just draw vintas the whole day in every piece of paper that I own.





August, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment